Getting to Virgin Gorda, Getting Around & Supplies
Located in the Caribbean, east of Puerto Rico, Virgin Gorda is a tropical island with pristine, white sand beaches and crystal blue water in the British Virgin Islands.
Many major airports in the United States, such as Boston, New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, and Houston offer direct flights to San Juan, Puerto Rico, and to St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands.
Flights from San Juan to Tortola are available on airlines including: American, Seaborne, Cape Air, Liat, and Intercaribbean Airways. From Tortola it is a 20 minute ferry ride to Spanish Town, Virgin Gorda.
If you are traveling with a group of five or more, chartering a private plane from either San Juan or St. Thomas can be an economical and convenient alternative mode of travel. Airlines that provide private charters include Island Birds, Fly BVI, Caribbean Wings, and Cape Air.
Ferry and Water Taxi
Depending on your place of origin, an island ferry may offer you an inexpensive alternative to arriving by plane. From Tortola, British Virgin Islands, you may catch the ferry (Speedy's) from the airport, or take one of two ferries (Speedy’s, Smith’s) from the dock in Road Town. Ferries (Speedy’s, Smith’s) are also available from St. Thomas.
Arriving in Virgin Gorda
Whether you travel by airplane or ferry, a representative of Virgin Gorda Villa Rentals will always be there to greet you when you arrive. The representative will guide you to Loblolly, introduce you to the villa and to the island, and answer any questions you may have. Welcome to Loblolly. We hope you enjoy your stay.
Getting around on Virgin Gorda
There are three car rentals companies on the Island. Rental companies will meet you with your vehicle when you arrive. L&S Car Rental , Speedy's, and Mahogany If you are not renting a car, taxi service is available throughout the Island.
- Rosy’s (The Valley) Is a grocery market with supplies that include: fresh produce including locally grown produce, meats, dairy, wines, spirits & beers, baby supplies, cleaning supplies, pharmaceuticals, pre-order provisioning
- Buck’s (The Valley) is next to RTW on the road to the Baths. Supplies include: fresh & frozen produce, dairy, deli, wines, spirits & beers, household items, pharmaceuticals, Delivery to villa or yacht. They also have wholesale pricing for bulk purchasing located on the second floor. email: email@example.com
- Road Town Wholesale (RTW) (The Valley) is a wholesale grocery store that is a good place to stock up on bulk purchases of beer, wine, soda, and water. This is a good option for grocery shopping if you have a large group. email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Rite Way (The Valley) This is the retail division of Road Town Wholesale (RTW) and is located next door to RTW. It is a large grocery store that offers supplies that include: fresh produce, meats, dairy, wines, spirits & beers, baby supplies, cleaning supplies, pharmaceuticals. They also offer a provisioning department where you can shop online and have your order delivered
- Supa Valu (The Valley) This is a grocery store that sells a variety of frozen groceries including: meats, seafood, pizzas, pastries, etc. They also have fresh produce, cheeses, and other general grocery items. Delivery service available.
- Chef’s Pantry (Leverick Bay) This is a small grocery store that has seafood, specialty items, deli, and a limited range of high-end wines and spirits. email: email@example.com
- M&M Bakery (The Valley) This bakery offers freshly baked bread and pastries and people often come for the BBQ chicken. Our favorite items to pick up here are the macaroons and doughnuts.
- TICO (Road Town, Tortola) This is a large wine, beer, spirits, and soda distributor on Tortola and for orders of $150 or more they will deliver by ferry to Virgin Gorda. They have an extensive inventory. Orders would need to be picked up at the Virgin Gorda Ferry Dock in Spanish Town.